Like death and taxes, growing older is a fact of life, and not one many of us are comfortable with. It would just be easier to live forever, young, vital, and full of promise, than to face the often tragic reality of old age. Most of us aren’t ready to go down without a fight. This may explain why the global anti-aging market, including products and services, was valued at close to $250 billion in 2012 alone. Worldwide antiaging sales are expected to increase up to $345 billion in 2018.1
This almost obsessive interest in youth is a problem, and not for the reason you would expect. It isn’t “wrong” to want to preserve your quality and length of life. This is a natural human urge we all share. The problem lies in where we direct our youthful obsessions: Products, treatments,
and surgeries that make up the anti-aging market are only skin deep. True youth and vitality that allow you to age gracefully don’t come in the form of an anti-aging cream. Living longer, living fuller, and living stronger is all about how you nourish and protect your body to reduce the risk of disease. And wouldn’t you know it – this internal care has an added bonus: It may help you look younger too.
THE REAL COST OF AGING
External aging may be unpleasant when you discover that first wrinkle, but it’s internal aging that can cause the most damage. It’s easy to think that the choices you make today won’t catch up with you in the future. This “procrastination mentality” is most apparent in the food on your plate
– if you are one of the millions who eat the Standard Western Diet, more aptly named the Western Un-Natural Food Diet. Diet is the foundation of longevity and health. An inflammatory diet made up of modern, processed foods, high in starchy carbohydrates and sugar, is a disease promoting diet. When you eat popular Western foods, like pastries, cookies, breads, cereals, potatoes, white rice, pasta, and dairy products, day after day, you are promoting disease. There are no two ways about it.
Low-grade, chronic, whole-body inflammation is one of the top 10 leading causes of death. This inflammation is so dangerous that it contributes to the development of at least seven chronic diseases, including chronic lower respiratory disease, stroke, heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, nephritis, and diabetes.2
Eating the same inflammatory foods each day makes it most impossible to escape these diseases in old age. Once an inflammatory disease has been diagnosed, you may be prescribed medication to manage the condition. But if the cause of the disease is never addressed – inflammation that stems from a poor diet – health will inevitably get worse.
You can guarantee one thing: If chronic inflammation isn’t addressed in the younger years, it will worsen in old age.
If you have managed to escape disease before your senior years but have not changed your inflammatory lifestyle, it is only a matter of time before your past catches up with you. The development of disease later in life can be devastating, and it can be costly.
The National Council on Aging estimates that up to 92 per cent of older adults suffer from at least one chronic disease – and 77 per cent of older adults suffer from two. Four chronic diseases, cancer, stroke, diabetes, and heart disease, result in two thirds of all annual deaths.3
In this case, you can put a price on your health. Chronic disease accounts for up to 75 per cent of all healthcare costs in the U.S., yet only 1 percent of all health dollars spent actually go to improving health.
The World Health Organization concedes that while we may be living longer than ever before, we are not necessarily living better. Some researchers believe in what is called an “expansion of morbidity” as our global aging population increases – disability rates may rise as life expectancies increase. Even if modern medicine is able to slow down the progression of chronic disease that turns into disability, easing the burden of severe disability among the elderly, milder chronic disease is still likely to increase.4
YOUR BODY IS A FINE MACHINE
If you have a beautiful car that you want to preserve, you will put only the finest oil and gasoline in it.
It’s baffling to think that you would not treat your body the same way. The foods you put in your body are fuel, and they are protection.
Really Healthy Foods, rich in antioxidants and low in inflammatory triggers, fuel the fine machine that is the human body so that it can make it to the finish line. Just like every car needs regular tune-ups, your body requires constant nutritional attention to function at its peak.
If you want to live to see and enjoy your golden years, support your body’s natural aging process before it is too late:
1. Increase Nutrition: Eating an anti- inflammatory Really Healthy Foods Diet is critical, but even our soil suffers from “old age.” Over the years, modern agricultural practices have depleted the soil of vital nutrients. The Really Healthy Foods you eat can offer great benefit, but they may not contain enough nutritional power to protect your body against all disease. Men, women, children, and the elderly need extra support from daily liquid vitamins and minerals. An all-in-one nutritional supplement is not only convenient, it is nourishing: Your body can repair, restore, and rebuild to reduce the risk of disease.
2. Improve Digestion: Neglecting your digestive health is the equivalent of spinning your wheels – you’re not going to get anywhere. You can eat the healthiest diet and take the best supplements, but your health may still be in danger if your digestive system is not equipped and ready to absorb. Daily digestive enzymes are essential. Digestive enzymes work hard behind the scenes to completely break down food so it can be best utilized by the body. These enzymes support a healthy community of balanced gut flora, known to protect against infection and inflammation associated with chronic disease.
You can’t live forever, but with powerful nutritional support, you can live longer and better than you ever imagined.
This is a newly formulated professional strength enzyme complex combining the power of all the important digestive enzymes with Fruta-Fit® Inulin. Contains the Lactase enzyme which improves lactose digestion in individuals who have difficulty digesting lactose and now comes with Peptidase and Protease for improved gluten digestion. Take with every meal.
The perfect all-in-one supplement for the whole family, containing a powerful source of 90 vitamins and minerals.
1. Skin_Care_Products Industry: Antiaging Products and Services: The Global Market. Reportlinker.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2011; Bastard et al. 2006; Cao 2011, Jha et al. 2009; Ferrucci et al. 2010; Glorieux et al. 2009; Kundu et al. 2008; Murphy 2012; Singh et al. 2011.
3. “Healthy Aging Facts – NCOA.” NCOA.
4. “Global Health and Aging.” World Health Organization.