Anybody that tells you cholesterol is a disease is crazy. Your liver produces cholesterol because it is so utterly vital for the health of your body. It is possible to get it in the diet but the body cannot leave it to chance that you would consume it. You would die instantly without cholesterol – it is a fundamental part of every cell in your body.
Except in the ‘Familial hypercholesterolemia’ group the reason why you have elevated cholesterol is one or more of the causes above is damaging your cells. My question is, if cholesterol is doing you good, why would you take a dangerous drug to lower it when just as many people with low cholesterol get heart disease?
‘Familial hypercholesterolemia’ Group 1 (Heterozygous FH)
This is the common group where the rate is 1:500 births. Statins were originally introduced for people with this form, ‘Familial hypercholesterolemia’ and as I pointed out earlier, all in this group have high cholesterol. To be clear they have high LDL cholesterol and low HDL. LDL is the critical cholesterol for cell regeneration and HDL recycles it ONLY after it has done its job.
Since LDL cannot do its job efficiently as a result of the gene problem the HDH stays low. The LDL however stays high as it is being sent by the liver to help repair damage, but is unable to do its job. There is no doubt some of the 1:500 people who suffer from this gene defect live a longer life than those who do not take statins. This success is the only reason statins were then given to everyone with high cholesterol, even though the studies show they do not work and have side effects. To be clear not everyone with ‘Familial hypercholesterolemia’ lives a long and healthy life and the studies are not clear just how many do. Doctoring studies (no pun intended) is how Big Pharma confuses the media and your doctor.
Statins in these cases probably work because they are working as an anti-inflammatory.
‘Familial hypercholesterolemia’ Group 2 (Homozygous)
This is the rare group where the rate is 1:1,000,000 Births. This ‘Familial hypercholesterolemia’ group have high LDL cholesterol that hardly works at all repairing cells and they may benefit from statins.
- Cholesterol (LDL) is critical for healthy regeneration of the cells in the body.
- High cholesterol is not a disease and does not in itself cause any damage.
- High cholesterol is an indication of critical damage taking place in the body.
- This damage is the result of eating starchy carbs, high sugar foods and drinks, chargrilled foods, bad oils, cortisol (stress/anxiety) and/or infection.
- The disease is chronic inflammations caused by the things at number 4.
- The inflammation glycates the cholesterol collecting at the point of damage.
- Statins may only work as a weak anti-inflammatory.
- Statins deplete mevalonate and hence, CoQ10 which is also critical for cell energy.
- Everyone may benefit much better than simply taking statins by the following lifestyle:
A… Stop eating starchy carbs, high sugar foods and drinks, chargrilled foods, processed foods and bad oils.
B… Take a high dose, powerful serrapeptase formulation, such as Serranol.
C… Take a high absorbency, Ubiquinol C0Q10, such as UB8Q10
D… Take a full spectrum, sublingual B formulation, such as B4Health.
E… Try to walk 5 miles every day.