Short-term recovery, long-term relief
You never realize how much you depend on your lungs until your health is compromised. The lungs, responsible for each breath you take, keep you alive. Not only does your body need this breath to survive body need this breath for survival, but it requires a constant circulation of oxygen to keep all organs vital.
Any lung condition, particularly a genetic condition like cystic fibrosis (CF), can be devastating. Cystic fibrosis affects the lining of the lungs, small intestine, sweat glands, and pancreas. Mucus builds up to destroy lung tissue, inhibit gas exchange in the lungs, and attract infection like a magnet.
CYSTIC FIBROSIS CAN BE DEADLY
The book Cystic Fibrosis Rehabilitation in 30 Days explains the dangers of this lung disorder, “[Cystic fibrosis] also prevents the absorption of nutrients in the small intestines by blocking ducts from the pancreas that release digestive enzymes. It is the most common life-threatening genetic disease among Caucasian groups, although it affects all races and ethnic groups. Chronic under-nutrition, along with weight loss and growth failure, are the precursors of premature death.”
Without extra protection from powerful nutrients, symptoms of chronic malnutrition caused by cystic fibrosis can ravage the body. A sufferer of cystic fibrosis may experience poor pancreatic function, fat malabsorption, difficulty gaining weight, abdominal pain, gut obstruction, rectal prolapse, heartburn, peptic ulcers, mucus buildup, respiratory infection, and more.
Cystic fibrosis is the most common hereditary disease that may be caused by an underlying mineral deficiency. The condition can be aggravated and worsened by a poor diet.
THE TOP 3 NUTRIENTS FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS RECOVERY
What will it take to turn your health around, even with a serious lung condition like cystic fi brosis? Your doctor may tell you what all medical textbooks say: Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease without a cure.
But just because this condition does not have a medical cure does not mean it can’t be rehabilitated through strategic dietary and nutritional support.
A body burdened by cystic fibrosis needs three potent nutrients to turn health around:
1. Serrapeptase: Serrapeptase is a renowned proteolytic enzyme, grown in a laboratory through the process of fermentation. This single enzyme has the power to eat through non-living tissue in the body, expelling mucus, waste, and inflammatory buildup that contributes to disease. 1 When taken as a supplement with supporting nutrients like curcumin, vitamin D3, and ecklonia cava, Serrapeptase can improve lung health by clearing inflammation and scarring associated with CF.
2. Iodine: Iodine is an essential mineral that every person needs daily, even more so with a serious lung condition like cystic fibrosis. Researchers found cystic fibrosis patients to have “dramatic” iodine deficiency, causing subclinical hypothyroidism.2
3. Selenium: Critical iodine in the body will go to waste without the support of a selenium cofactor. Most easily consumed in a multivitamin and mineral supplement, selenium works with iodine to protect and regenerate damaged cells. Taking selenium in a multivitamin will ensure that all missing nutrients are replenished, an important step to balance the nutritional deficiencies caused by cystic fibrosis.
There is no medical cure for cystic fibrosis, but recovery is possible when you take it day-by-day. Nutrition is the cornerstone of cystic fibrosis rehabilitation. With support from the right nutrients, your body can heal itself and improve function. There is hope for your health, even after a cystic fibrosis diagnosis.
Unique formulation that combines 80,000iu Serrapeptase, 250mg Curcumin, 50mg Ecklonia Cava Extract and 1,000iu Vitamin D3 per capsule.
Nascent Iodine is recognized by the body as the same Iodine that is recognized by the thyroid and is absorbed effortlessly by the body. One drop = 400mcg of iodine. Nascent iodine is the best form of iodine supplementation. 1 bottle will last approx 3mths.
The perfect all-in-one supplement for the whole family, containing a powerful source of 90 vitamins and minerals. Comes in tasty Orange Mango flavour.
1. Effect of some clinically used proteolytic enzymes on inflammation in rats. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2008 Jan;70(1):114- 7. doi: 10.4103/0250- 474X.40347.
2. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2013 Apr;27(2):122-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jtemb.2012.08.002. Epub 2012 Oct 26.